America: History & Life
- The definitive index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.Historical Abstracts
- Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, the history of education, and more. Provides indexing of more than 1700 academic historical journals in over 40 languages since 1955. JSTOR
- Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. MLA Bibliography
- A subject index for books, articles and websites published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics with coverage back to 1925. Project Muse
- Project Muse provides full-text access to the content from over 400 scholarly journals in the humanities and the social sciences.New York Times Historical
- Offers full-text, full-image articles from 1851 – 2008 of The New York Times
. The database can be used to search national and international news, editorials, obituaries, birth and marriage announcements, plus historical photos and advertisements. The documents are downloadable in PDF format.
You can find many other databases in the Find Databases by Subject
section of our website as well!
** These resources are available to Oakland University on-campus guest users only! **
For databases that you can use from home, be sure to check out the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) resources at the MeL Databases