Native American Art
Art by Native Americans - Covers artists, galleries and many other sites.
Voice of the Shuttle - An extensive listing of sites, chronologically arranged.
Native American Web Sites - Here is another extensive listing of sites including some museums not noted above.
North American Native Art Websites - Covers:NB This link does not work but most of the sites do
- Art Canada: First Nations
Links to funding sources for Candian Native Artists
- ArtNatAm - Native American Art Exhibit*
A juried collection of Native Art. Includes attempt to define what a Native American Artists is. (primarily tribal/registered)
- Daphne Odjig (Beavon) Odawa Manitoulin Woodland Painter
- Discovering Native American Art
Promo site for a book of the same name
- Free Spirit Gallery
Eskimo Inuit Art - Northwest Native Art
- Indian House
A Taos New Mexico site specializing in traditional native music
- Institute of American Indian Arts
A First Nation art college in Sante Fee, New Mexico
- Manitoulin Island and Native American Woodland-Legend Painting
Features Manitoulin Island as the birthplace of legend art painting.
- Martin Panamick, 1956-1977
Features the disturbing story of Native Artist Martin Panamik, an AIM supporter who died under questionable circumstances at age 20.
Deal in Native American Art, crafts, and collectibles
- Native American ArtPages MENU
Links to 300 other Native Art/Culture sites
- Native American Indian -- Art, Culture, Education, History. Very eclectic set of Native links
- Native Art: Photos
Links to photos of North American Indians
- Native Arts Trading
Native American Indian heritage for today's world in Europe.
- NativeTech: Native American Technology and Art
- Norval Morrisseau:
Inclues bio and Works of Norval Marriseau and includes links to other Woodland style artists, Daphne Odjig, etc.
- Powersource Native American Art & Education Center
Presents what is described as Native artistic symbols of powerful symbols, places and people. Includs an eclectic set of links to other Native art/culture sites
- Resources for Indian Schools: Native American Art DEFINITIONS
Features academic/legal issues related to Native art
- The Finer Arts
Saskatchewan artists, mostly aboriginal with a secondary focus on aboriginal culture, education and art history
Pacific Nortwest Native American Art Carvings - This is a video from YouTube.
Tracy Mark's Native American Art Bookmarks - This is large collection of sites with some organization, such as museums, native art, northern, southern, etc. Native American Art Links
WWW Virtual Library American Indians Index of Native American Art Related Exhibits on the Internet - Search engine allows you to search by state, tribe or key word.
Native American Indian Art - Covers:
- Definition of Indian, Native, Indigenous Artist; Native American Arts and Crafts Act; Philosophy of Inclusion Here
- Beads and Beadworking techniques -- Honoring elder Maud Kegg
- Norval Morrisseau, Daphne Odjig, Legend Painting -- Canadian Ojibwe, Woodland painters
- Pottery, Clay Sculpture --Honoring Nora Naranjo-Morse
- 3 Pottery Books Review-essay that's self-guided Internet student research project -- or trip
- American Indian Artists (U.S. Tribes) -- Honoring Oglala Lakota Vic Runnels
- Minnesota Indian Artists -- Honoring Patrick DesJarlait
- Indigenous Textiles, Clothing and Regalia
- Young People's Art (local) and BIA Young People art gallery
- History in Poster & Button Art
- Texts: Essays and Book Reviews about Native Art
- Web Galleries Featuring Indigenous People's Art for Sale
- Photography -- old historic and current news photos as well as Art Photography by Native People
- Basketry -- history, environmental problems, plants, galleries
- Picture stories -- ledger, robe, comix art by Native artists
- Indigenous Art Resources on the Internet --Compiled by Karen Strom on the Hanksville server
- Native American Fine Arts Movement (Heard Museum) --Complete text, curriculum guide, illustrations, special offers for teachers
- Index of Southwestern Indian artists whose work and writeups reside on Hanksville
- Native Art Museums and Museum Exhibits -- web pages from real, physical institutions you can visit
- Links to non-Indian museums and Galleries for Comparison and Studying Techniques; the indefatigable Bill Henderson's elegant presentation is linked-to for this. Be sure to check out the huge Virtual Louvre.