The Latino Patient: A Cultural Guide for Health Care Providers
by Nilda Chong, 2002.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary
, 3rd Edition by Glenn T. Rogers. Includes 20,000 terms with English-Spanish, Spanish-English translations, and common dialogue.
McGraw-Hill's Complete Medical Spanish: Practical Spanish for Quick & Confident Communication
- Location: 2 reference copies available in the Medical Library Study Room
, 2nd Edition by Joanna Rios and Jose Fernandez Torres. Includes course book and three interactive CDs with lessons for beginner, intermediate, and advanced audiences on the body, physical examination, interviewing, and treating Spanish-speaking patients.
- Location: Kresge Library 3rd Floor PC 4120.M3 R56 2010 - 1 copy available for check out (Accompanying CDs available at the Circulation Desk)
, 4th Edition by Gail Bongiovanni. Easy Yes/No question and answer format for patient interviews, physical examinations, and instructions. Expanded coverage for topics such as patient privacy, consent, birth control, and HIV.
Rapid Rescue Spanish
- Location: Kresge Library 3rd Floor PC 4120.M3 B6 2005 - 1 copy available for check out
by Paul Maxwell.
Spanish for Health Care Professionals,
- Location: Kresge Library 3rd Floor PC 4120.M3 M39 2006 - 1 copy available for check out
3rd Edition by William C. Harvey. Reviews common clinical terminology and expressions in Spanish, including the body, history taking, physical examination, emergency situations, and speaking with pediatric or geriatric patients.
- Location: Kresge Library 3rd Floor PC 4120.M3 H37 2008 - 1 copy available for check out