Arabic language Dictionaries English.
Oxford-Duden pictorial English dictionary with English-Arabic index
Sakhr Arabic-English-Turkish-French dictionary
Your dictionary.com: list of free online Arabic dictionaries
Baheth: the most important Arabic dictionaries
Arabic-English dictionary by A. Salmone (via the Perseus Digital Library)
- Encyclopedia of women & Islamic cultures
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World (Reference DS 35.53 .O96 2009)
- Cambridge Companion to the Qur'an
- Cambridge Companion to Arabic Philosophy
- Cambridge Companion to Classical Islamic Theology
- Cambridge Companion to Muhammad
- The Encyclopedia of Islam: the major scholarly encyclopedia in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studes (print, 12 volumes)
- Islamic Desk Reference: compiled from The Encyclopedia of Islam
- Islam: general encyclopedia from the "Need to know" series, available through Credo Reference
- Pop Culture Arab World! this book explores how Arab pop culture has succeeded in helping forge a pan-Arab identity (available through Credo Reference )
- Biographical encyclopedia of the modern Middle East and North Africa
- The encyclopaedia of Islam three
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World
- CIA World Fact Book: detailed and up to date information on countries in the Middle East.
- Biographic Dictionary of Modern Egypt: information on men and women who have played a prominent role in the history of Egypt (available through Credo Reference )
- Encyclopedia of the Palestinians
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks Contains many titles in Middle East studies.
Project MUSE has some interesting journals in Middle East studies.
Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, the history of education, and more. Provides indexing of more than 1700 academic historical journals in over 40 languages since 1955. How to export to RefWorks
A subject index for books, articles and websites published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics. It is produced by the Modern Language Association (MLA), an organization dedicated to the study and teaching of language and literature. The electronic version of the Bibliography dates back to 1925 and contains over 2 million citations from more than 4,400 periodicals (including peer-reviewed e-journals) and 1,000 book publishers. Indexes publications about Arabic language literature and the Arabic language.
LLBA - Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts
LLBA contains abstracts and indexes to the international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences. The database covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics. Coverage: 1973 - current.
Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
A refereed journal covering all aspects of Islamic and Arabic studies, published by Edinburgh University Press.
Great resource for listening exercises for students of Arabic, from beginners to advanced. Through the website users can download the Aswaat Arabiyya player, which then gives access to over 100 short video passages arranged into six levels of proficiency. Most of the videos are excerpts from television programmes from across the Arab world.
Information about the Arabic alphabet, with animation showing how to form the letters; also links to other information.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Humanities Librarian for History and Modern Languages