Web of Science contains publications related to the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences. It’s an excellent database for comprehensive and interdisciplinary searches.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data papers, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 66 million items
- Coverage years = 1900 to present
Hints for BIO 3140
- In addition to keywords about your research topic, you can add one of these keywords:
- Look at the figures in the article. Are there histology, microscopy, or electron microscopy images? Discussing these images is part of your assignment. If an article doesn't have these images, don't pick it for your presentation!
Ulrich’s will tell you if a scholarly journal is peer-reviewed or refereed.
Ulrich’s contains over 300,000 periodicals of all types: academic and scholarly journals, e-journals, peer-reviewed titles, popular magazines, newspapers, and newsletters. Each periodical summary tells you information such as ISSN, publisher, language, subject, and reviews written by librarians.
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.