PubMed is a free online interface provided by the National Library of Medicine to search MEDLINE, which focuses on biomedical literature.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, datasets, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 32 million items
- Coverage years = 1946 to present
Web of Science
Web of Science contains publications related to the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences. It’s an excellent database for comprehensive and interdisciplinary searches.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data papers, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 66 million items
- Coverage years = 1900 to present
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Is this journal peer-reviewed or refereed? Ulrich's will tell you!
- Casali, N., Nikolayevskyy, V., Balabanova, Y., Harris, S., Ignatyeva, O., Kontsevaya, I., Corander, J., Bryant, J., Parkhill, J., Nejentsev, S., Horstmann, R., Brown, T., & Drobniewski, F. (2014). Evolution and transmission of drug-resistant tuberculosis in a Russian population. Nature Genetics, 46(3), 279–286. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.2878
If we don't have your article electronically or in-print, you can order the article through InterLibrary Loan using ILLiad. It's a free service but a few days for the article to be available
Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.