Web of Science contains publications related to the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences. It’s an excellent database for comprehensive and interdisciplinary searches.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data papers, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 66 million items
- Coverage years = 1900 to present
PubMed is a free online interface provided by the National Library of Medicine to search MEDLINE, which focuses on biomedical literature.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, datasets, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 30 million items
- Coverage years = 1946 to present
Journal Citation Reports - Find the impact factor of your journal.
- Tosti, B. (2018). Health Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet: Metabolic and Molecular Mechanisms. The Journals of Gerontology. Series A, Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, 73(3), 318–326. https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glx227
Just search Library OneSearch for a portion of the article title "Health Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet", and you should see a link to the full-text article!
If we don't have your article electronically or in-print, you can order the article through InterLibrary Loan using ILLiad. It's a free service but a few days for the article to be available.
- The New York Times Science Section - leading US newspaper
- BBC News Science Section - UK news source
- EurekAlert! - created by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Nature News - science news articles from Nature Publishing Group
- New Scientist - UK science & technology magazine
- Smithsonian magazine Science Section - publication by the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C.
- National Public Radio Science Section
Contact me at: email@example.com
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
- Unsavory Truth: How food companies skew the science of what we eat. Marion Nestle, New York, Basic Books, 2018
- CDC and your own topic
- "mediterranean diet" site://gov State publications such as this.
- your search terms site://edu
- or enter the organization of your topic: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and look for publications published by that organization.