PubMed is a free online database provided by the National Library of Medicine to search MEDLINE, a database focusing on biomedical literature.
- Publication types: journal articles, books and book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data sets, editorials, and news articles.
- Contains over 32 million items
- Coverage years = 1946 - present
Web of Science
Web of Science contains publications related to the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences. It’s an excellent database for comprehensive and interdisciplinary searches.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data papers, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 66 million items
- Coverage years = 1900 to present
Journal Citation Reports - Find the impact factor of your journal.
- Tippin, E. (2020). Telehealth and Impact on Pediatric Obesity. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 55, 270–271. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2020.09.006
Just search Library OneSearch for a portion of the article title "Telehealth and Impact on Pediatric", and you should see a link to the full-text article!
If we don't have your article electronically or in-print, you can order the article through InterLibrary Loan using ILLiad. It's a free service but it takes a bit of time - sometimes as short as a few hours!
- The New York Times Science Section - leading US newspaper
- BBC News Science Section - UK news source
- EurekAlert! - created by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Nature News - science news articles from Nature Publishing Group
- New Scientist - UK science & technology magazine
- Smithsonian magazine Science Section - publication by the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C.
- National Public Radio Science Section
Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
- CDC and your own topic
- telehealth site://gov State gov't publications such as this.
- your search terms site://edu
- or enter the organization of your topic: Nat'l Assoc of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners - Childhood Obesity Spec Interest Group and look for publications by that organization.