- Available as e-book -- Only 6 students can simultaneously access the ebook so DO NOT download it!
- Click the 'EBSCOhost Ebooks' link to access the e-book
- The print book is available to check out for 2 hours (at the Service Desk in Kresge Library)
- Check your public library for print copies -- OU students can check out books at the Rochester Hills Public Library using their Grizz Card. The public library in your city may also have copies.
PubMed is a free online interface provided by the National Library of Medicine to search MEDLINE, which focuses on biomedical literature.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, datasets, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 28 million items
- Coverage years = 1946 to present
It’s free to search so you can use it after leaving OU (but you may not be able to access the full text of the items you find in PubMed).
Web of Science
Web of Science contains publications related to the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences. It’s an excellent database for comprehensive and interdisciplinary searches.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data papers, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 66 million items
- Coverage years = 1900 to present
- Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine (e-book) - excellent general resource with chapters for each organ system and groups of diseases.
- Color Atlas of Pathophysiology (e-book) - resource for identifying abnormalities that would lead to disease
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (e-book)
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease (e-book)
- MedlinePlus (database) - comprehensive consumer health information (including information on diseases, treatments, and drugs)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (database) - Diseases and Conditions
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary
Dictionary of Medical Terms
Penguin Dictionary of Biology
McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.