SciFinder is a tool provided by Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) that covers biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, materials science, and agricultural science. You can search it by keyword, chemical structure or substructure, reaction, chemical name, or formula.
- Publication types: journal articles, patents from around the world, dissertations, abstracts, reviews, books, reputable web sources
- Updated daily
- Contains over 48 million items
- Coverage years = 1800s to present
Before using, you’re required to register for a personal SciFinder account.
Web of Science
Web of Science contains publications related to the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences. It’s an excellent database for comprehensive and interdisciplinary searches.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, data papers, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 66 million items
- Coverage years = 1900 to present
PubMed is a free online interface provided by the National Library of Medicine to search MEDLINE, which focuses on biomedical literature.
- Publication types: journal articles, books/book chapters, reviews, conference proceedings, abstracts, datasets, editorials, news articles
- Contains over 28 million items
- Coverage years = 1946 to present
It’s free to search so you can use it after leaving OU (but you may not be able to access the full text of the items you find in PubMed).
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.