Amanda Nichols Hess
If you would like to get research help, please contact me at email@example.com. I am happy to provide assistance over email or set up a virtual meeting via WebEx.
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
This is the BEST PLACE to look when finding articles about education! ERIC contains over 1,100,000 items from 1966 through the present. How to export to RefWorks
This database abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. Coverage: 1960 to present. How to export to RefWorks
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
- Marsh, H. W., & Richards, G. E. (1988). Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 55(4), 612-624.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity - not the title of the journal (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal of Personality and Social Psychology - NOT the title of the article.
"By covering all of the major theories, approaches, and contemporary issues in counseling, the encyclopedia includes close to 600 entries. To enable the reader to understand the major approaches and themes within the field of counseling, the current encyclopedia has been divided into four volumes: (1) changes and challenges facing counseling, (2) personal and emotional counseling, (3) cross-cultural counseling, and (4) career counseling."
Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
"Five foundational topics provide an overall grounding for the more than 400 entries that follow. The content of these five chapters includes an overview of the history of cross-cultural school psychology in the United States, a review of cross-cultural competencies, discussion about disparities in school services, consideration of multicultural assessment tools, and future directions in the field of school psychology." (Preface)
Penguin Dictionary of Psychology
Accessible from Credo Reference, 2009 edition.
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Is this journal peer-reviewed or refereed? Ulrich's will tell you!
- Journal of Counseling and Development
- Adultspan Journal
- Counseling Outcome Research and Evaluation (CORE)
- Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development (MECD)
- Journal of Creativity in Mental Health
- Journal of College Counseling
- Journal of Military and Government Counseling
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Journal of Humanistic Counseling
- The Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling
- Journal of Multicultural Counseling Development (JMCD)
- Journal of Mental Health Counseling
- Professional School Counseling
- Counseling and Values Journal for Specialists in Group Work
- Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology
- Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling
- The Family Journal
- Career Development Quarterly
- Journal of Employment Counseling
Here you'll find descriptions and reviews of current testing instruments. Corresponds to volume 9 to present of print Mental Measurements Yearbook
Use Mental Measurements Yearbook and PsycINFO first, but if you still can't find information about your test, try HaPI.
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.