You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
"By covering all of the major theories, approaches, and contemporary issues in counseling, the encyclopedia includes close to 600 entries. To enable the reader to understand the major approaches and themes within the field of counseling, the current encyclopedia has been divided into four volumes: (1) changes and challenges facing counseling, (2) personal and emotional counseling, (3) cross-cultural counseling, and (4) career counseling."
Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
"Five foundational topics provide an overall grounding for the more than 400 entries that follow. The content of these five chapters includes an overview of the history of cross-cultural school psychology in the United States, a review of cross-cultural competencies, discussion about disparities in school services, consideration of multicultural assessment tools, and future directions in the field of school psychology." (Preface)
Penguin Dictionary of Psychology
Accessible from Credo Reference, 2009 edition.
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Is this journal peer-reviewed or refereed? Ulrich's will tell you!
- American FactFinder
Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is the world's largest collection of digital social science data. These data can be used for secondary research, instructional activities, and to write articles, papers or theses.
iPoll is a comprehensive database of 500,000 questions and answers asked in the US since 1935. Also included is the Roper Center public opinion data which is the largest archives of public opinion information. Coverage: Data sets.
- Michigan School Data
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Proquest)
The Statistical Abstract of the United States Online is the standard summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States – including vital and health statistics. It is also designed to serve as a guide to other statistical publications and sources, both in print and on the Web. Visit the Statistical Abstract Guide for more information on using this resource.
A streaming video collection of over 50 videos featuring demonstrations of psychotherapy and counseling sessions, covering a wide range of modalities, populations, and approaches.
AVON: Academic Video Online
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
Alexander Street Video
Search across our streaming video collections from Alexander Street Press, including VAST, Nursing Education in Video, and World Newsreels Online.
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
- Journal of Counseling and Development
- Adultspan Journal
- Counseling Outcome Research and Evaluation (CORE)
- Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development (MECD)
- Journal of Creativity in Mental Health
- Journal of College Counseling
- Journal of Military and Government Counseling
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Journal of Humanistic Counseling
- The Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling
- Journal of Multicultural Counseling Development (JMCD)
- Journal of Mental Health Counseling
- Professional School Counseling
- Counseling and Values Journal for Specialists in Group Work
- Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology
- Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling
- The Family Journal
- Career Development Quarterly
- Journal of Employment Counseling
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
- Marsh, H. W., & Richards, G. E. (1988). Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 55(4), 612-624.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity - not the title of the journal (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal of Personality and Social Psychology - NOT the title of the article.