- Reading Scholarly Articles micro-course
- Using and Citing Sources micro-course (aka the Plagiarism course)
- Library presentation: Researching counseling tests and assessments
- Request books be pulled for pickup - shipping and contactless pick-up available
- Request PDF copies of print articles and book chapters
- Electronic course reserves, available for some classes
- Virtual research help
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
A streaming video collection of over 50 videos featuring demonstrations of psychotherapy and counseling sessions, covering a wide range of modalities, populations, and approaches.
This is an is an authoritative, accessible and up-to-date account of all aspects of child development. Written by an international team of experts, it adopts an interdisciplinary approach and covers everything from prenatal development to education, pediatrics, neuroscience, theories and research methods to physical development, social development, cognitive development, psychopathology and parenting (2005).
"Five foundational topics provide an overall grounding for the more than 400 entries that follow. The content of these five chapters includes an overview of the history of cross-cultural school psychology in the United States, a review of cross-cultural competencies, discussion about disparities in school services, consideration of multicultural assessment tools, and future directions in the field of school psychology." (Preface)
"By covering all of the major theories, approaches, and contemporary issues in counseling, the encyclopedia includes close to 600 entries. To enable the reader to understand the major approaches and themes within the field of counseling, the current encyclopedia has been divided into four volumes: (1) changes and challenges facing counseling, (2) personal and emotional counseling, (3) cross-cultural counseling, and (4) career counseling."
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
You may also want to look at test publishers' websites, which you can often find by using a search engine to find information on your test or assessment.
Find information about Test Critiques here, or locate them on the second (main) floor of the Kresge Library at REF BF 176 .T149.
- Reviews of tests and assessments
- Psychometric evaluations of tests or assessments
- Test or assessment information in an article's appendix
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Good keywords and key phrases to find this kind of information include psychometrics, assessment, "test validity," "test reliability," validity, reliability
- Journal of Counseling and Development
- Adultspan Journal
- Counseling Outcome Research and Evaluation (CORE)
- Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development (MECD)
- Journal of Creativity in Mental Health
- Journal of College Counseling
- Journal of Military and Government Counseling
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Journal of Humanistic Counseling
- The Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling
- Journal of Multicultural Counseling Development (JMCD)
- Journal of Mental Health Counseling
- Professional School Counseling
- Counseling and Values Journal for Specialists in Group Work
- Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology
- Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling
- The Family Journal
- Career Development Quarterly
- Journal of Employment Counseling
To locate articles that are cited in a bibliography, use Library OneSearch . For example, to find the article:
- Marsh, H. W., & Richards, G. E. (1988). Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 55(4), 612-624.
Search by Title in Library OneSearch. Type in a portion of the article title in quotations: "Tennessee self concept scale reliability"You'll see that we have access to this article online and in print.