This resource has been edited with the guidance of 36 consulting and associate editors (including 17 past presidents of the American Psychological Association) and contains entries in all major categories of psychology.
Encyclopedia of Counseling
"By covering all of the major theories, approaches, and contemporary issues in counseling, the encyclopedia includes close to 600 entries. To enable the reader to understand the major approaches and themes within the field of counseling, the current encyclopedia has been divided into four volumes: (1) changes and challenges facing counseling, (2) personal and emotional counseling, (3) cross-cultural counseling, and (4) career counseling."
Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
"Five foundational topics provide an overall grounding for the more than 400 entries that follow. The content of these five chapters includes an overview of the history of cross-cultural school psychology in the United States, a review of cross-cultural competencies, discussion about disparities in school services, consideration of multicultural assessment tools, and future directions in the field of school psychology." (Preface)
Cambridge Encyclopedia of Child Development
This is an is an authoritative, accessible and up-to-date account of all aspects of child development. Written by an international team of experts, it adopts an interdisciplinary approach and covers everything from prenatal development to education, pediatrics, neuroscience, theories and research methods to physical development, social development, cognitive development, psychopathology and parenting (2005).
Encyclopedia of Gender and Society
Provide users with a “gender lens” on society by focusing on significant gender scholarship within commonly recognized areas of social research. Accordingly, the material in this encyclopedia focuses on basic aspects of social life from the most individual (self and identity) to the most global (transnational economics and politics).
Encyclopedia of Social Work
Over 400 overview articles on key topics ranging from international issues to ethical standards, 200+ succinct biographies of key figures in social work history. Article versioning provides access to both the most up-to-date information as well as past entries back to the first published version.
This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world. It includes materials from 1861 to the present day. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses @ OU
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
This is the BEST PLACE to look when finding articles about education! ERIC contains over 1,100,000 items from 1966 through the present. How to export to RefWorks
You can also search for specific journals by journal title here.
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
- Marsh, H. W., & Richards, G. E. (1988). Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 55(4), 612-624.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Tennessee self concept scale: Reliability, internal structure, and construct validity - not the title of the journal (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal of Personality and Social Psychology - NOT the title of the article.
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks See our guide to adding OU Libraries resources to Google Scholar
Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
- Journal of Counseling and Development
- Adultspan Journal
- Counseling Outcome Research and Evaluation (CORE)
- Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development (MECD)
- Journal of Creativity in Mental Health
- Journal of College Counseling
- Journal of Military and Government Counseling
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Journal of Humanistic Counseling
- The Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling
- Journal of Multicultural Counseling Development (JMCD)
- Journal of Mental Health Counseling
- Professional School Counseling
- Counseling and Values Journal for Specialists in Group Work
- Journal for Social Action in Counseling and Psychology
- Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling
- The Family Journal
- Career Development Quarterly
- Journal of Employment Counseling
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.