A huge and highly heterogeneous multidisciplinary mix of scholarly, journalistic, practitioner and popular sources, with much direct full-text included. Use the tabs to identify scholarly, newspaper or other sources as necessary. Thanks to MeL / How to export to RefWorks Coverage: 1980-present
Access ended 9/30/2018.
This database provides full-text access to international research related to the essential areas related to criminal justice and criminology. Coverage: 1910 - present.
International legal information covering all areas of jurisprudence; covers legal journals, yearbooks, institutes, bar association organs, law reviews, and government publications from in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. 1981 to present.
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Provides online access to encyclopedias, almanacs, and other reference tools.
- Encyclopedia of Capital Punishment in the United States , edited by McFarland & Co, 2008.
- Permalink: http://huaryu.kl.oakland.edu/login?url=http://search.credoreference.com/content/title/mcfcpus
- Public Opinion and Polling Around the World: A Historical Encyclopedia, ABC-CLIO, 2004
- Permalink: http://huaryu.kl.oakland.edu/login?url=http://search.credoreference.com/content/title/abcopinion
- Propaganda and Mass Persuasion: A Historical Encyclopedia, 1500 to the present,
- Permalink: http://huaryu.kl.oakland.edu/login?url=http://search.credoreference.com/content/title/abcprop
A wealth of information and laws here from the US, state and local governments
Office hours: Usually Mondays 3-5pm. Drop by or contact me.
MLA Citation Guidelines - OWL Purdue
Sample paper included here as well.
Modern Language Association website
Contains questions/answers regarding the MLA citation style.
Writing Resources for Students
Find in-depth information about the mechanics of writing, MLA/APA citations, avoiding plagiarism, and more.
The consultants can help you with every stage of the writing process.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.