- Dictionary of Communications Technology: Terms, Definitions and Abbreviations
- Dictionary of Media and Communication Studies, by James Watson, Anne Hill, 2015.
- Encyclopedia of children, adolescents, and the media, by Jeffrey J. Arnett, 2007. In print, 2nd floor, REF HQ 784 .M3 E53 2007.
- Encyclopedia of Communication Theory, by Stephen Littlejohn and Karen Foss, 2009.
- Handy Answer: the Handy Communication Answer Book, by Lauren Sergy, 2016.
- Oxford Bibliographies - Cinema and Media Studies
Offers exclusive, authoritative research guides, combining the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia.
- Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research, by Norman Denzin and Yvonna Lincoln, In print.
- Sage Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social and Behavioral Research, by Abbas Tashakkori and Charles Teddlie, 2010. In print.
- Handbook of Media Audiences, by Virginia Nightingale, 2011.
- Handbook of Compararive Communication Research, by Frank Esser and Thomas Hanitzsch, 2012. In print.
This resource "offers cover-to-cover (“core”) indexing and abstracts for more than 550 journals, and selected (“priority”) coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of 737 titles. Furthermore, this database includes full text for over 440 journals."
Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text
The definitive online tool for film and television research. Subject coverage includes film & television theory, preservation & restoration, writing, production, cinematography, technical aspects, and reviews. The database provides cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for 350 publications (and selected coverage of nearly 300), as well as full text for more than 100 journals. How to export to RefWorks
Project Muse provides full-text access to the content from over 400 scholarly journals in the humanities and the social sciences. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
LLBA - Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts
LLBA contains abstracts and indexes to the international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences. The database covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics. Coverage: 1973 - current.
Does the library have the fulltext of this article?
Johnstone, K. M., Ashbaugh, H., & Warfield, T. D. (2002). Effects of repeated practice and contextual-writing experiences on college students' writing skills. Journal of Educational Psychology 94(2): 305-315.
To find full-text, use:Library OneSearch. Enter a portion of the article title in quotes in Library OneSearch. "Effects of repeated practice and contextual-writing"
Click this link: Full Text Online to view the full-text.
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
Which journal is cited the most?
- InCites Journal Citation Reports
Provides citation data on journals, and includes virtually all areas of science, technology, and social sciences. Journal Citation Reports can show you the most frequently cited journals in a field and the highest impact journals in a field. The OU community has access to the Science edition and the Social Sciences edition of JCR.
This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world. It includes materials from 1861 to the present day. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses @ OU
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks
- Getting Connected: email, mySAIL, GrizzID's
- Software: free and at discounted rates including:
- Microsoft Office 365 Education
Need help with software?
Ask our student technology mentors located at the Technology Help Desk, 2nd floor of Kresge Library near the Writing Center. Student mentors are available during these hours.
OU Graduate Study
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org