Amanda Nichols Hess
- Reading Scholarly Articles micro-course
- Using & Citing Sources micro-course
- From previous academic years - library presentation on thinking like an early childhood researcher
Use the catalog to find books, videos, recordings, and goverment documents we have at the library.
A statewide catalog of many of Michigan's libraries. It allows you to request books at another library be sent to Kresge Library for you.
- Request books be pulled for pickup - shipping and contactless pick-up available
- Request PDF copies of print articles and book chapters
- Electronic course reserves, available for some classes
- Virtual research help
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Writing Resources for Students
Find in-depth information about the mechanics of writing, MLA/APA citations, avoiding plagiarism, and more.
The consultants can help you with every stage of the writing process.
Cambridge Encyclopedia of Child Development
This is an is an authoritative, accessible and up-to-date account of all aspects of child development. Written by an international team of experts, it adopts an interdisciplinary approach and covers everything from prenatal development to education, pediatrics, neuroscience, theories and research methods to physical development, social development, cognitive development, psychopathology and parenting (2005).
Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children
This is an essential reference on research in early childhood education not only in the United States but throughout the world. It provides a comprehensive overview of important contemporary issues and the information necessary to make judgments about these issues (2006).
Key Concepts in Early Childhood Education and Care
Cathy Nutbrown, a leading academic in early childhood education, identifies and explains key terms and practices central to the work and study of early childhood in this accessible reference text.
Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
"Five foundational topics provide an overall grounding for the more than 400 entries that follow. The content of these five chapters includes an overview of the history of cross-cultural school psychology in the United States, a review of cross-cultural competencies, discussion about disparities in school services, consideration of multicultural assessment tools, and future directions in the field of school psychology." (Preface)
Elsevier's Dictionary of Psychological Theories
Accessible from Credo Reference, 2006 edition.
- Michigan Online Resources for Educators
- Michigan Department of Education
- Michigan School Data
- US Department of Education
- National Center for Education Statistics
- American Educational Research Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement
- The Council for Exceptional Children
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Head Start Association
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Zero to Three
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
Alexander Street Video
Search across our streaming video collections from Alexander Street Press, including VAST, Nursing Education in Video, and World Newsreels Online.
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Provides scholarly research and information for education students, professionals and policy makers. Covers all levels of education - from early childhood to higher education - and educational specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing.Thanks to MeL.
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
You can also search OU Libraries for specific journals by title
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
Werfel, K. L. & Schuele, C. M. (2012). Segmentation and representation of consonant blends in kindergarten children's spellings. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 43(3), 292-307.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Segmentation and representation of consonant blends in kindergarten children's spellings - not the title of the journal (Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools - NOT the title of the article.
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Is this journal peer-reviewed or refereed? Ulrich's will tell you!