Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
You can also search OU Libraries for specific journals by title
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
Werfel, K. L. & Schuele, C. M. (2012). Segmentation and representation of consonant blends in kindergarten children's spellings. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 43(3), 292-307.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Segmentation and representation of consonant blends in kindergarten children's spellings - not the title of the journal (Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools - NOT the title of the article.
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
Provides access to article citations containing information on measurement instruments ( questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests) in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. HaPI assists researchers, practitioners, educators, administrators, and evaluators, including students, to identify measures needed for research studies, grant proposals, client/patient assessment, class papers/projects, theses/dissertations, and program evaluation.
- Handbook of research on the education of young children, edited by O.N. Saracho and B. Spodek, 3rd edition. Available online and in print
- Cambridge Encyclopedia of Child Development
- Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
- Key Concepts in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Michigan Department of Education - Instructional Resources
- Michigan Department of Education
- US Department of Education
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan School Data
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Proquest)
- American Educational Research Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement
- The Council for Exceptional Children
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Head Start Association
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Zero to Three
Dissertations and Theses
This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world. It includes materials from 1861 to the present day. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses @ OU
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks
Schedule alerts for searches and for when a resource is cited!
Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
- Authors' Rights library guide - addresses issues of open access and copyright
- Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
Provides citation data on journals, and includes virtually all areas of science, technology, and social sciences. Journal Citation Reports can show you the most frequently cited journals in a field and the highest impact journals in a field. The OU community has access to the Science edition and the Social Sciences edition of JCR. Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
Provides citation data on journals, and includes virtually all areas of science, technology, and social sciences. Journal Citation Reports can show you the most frequently cited journals in a field and the highest impact journals in a field. The OU community has access to the Science edition and the Social Sciences edition of JCR.
- RefWorks at OU is a resource provided through Oakland University -- this tool interfaces with our different resources, and it's easy to store, organize, retrieve, share, and cite information you find while at OU in RefWorks
- The NEW RefWorks is a tool OU Libraries will be switching to in the near-ish future. This resource can interface with OU Libraries' resources and other external resources as well. This tool also allows you to store, organize, retrieve, share, and cite information.
- Zotero is a free tool you can download for your own personal computer (you can also access your Zotero resources online, although it's more cumbersome). This tool also allows you to store, organize, retrieve, share, and cite information, although it's not as integrated into OU Libraries' resources as RefWorks (or even Flow).
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.