Amanda Nichols Hess
Use the catalog to find books, videos, recordings, and goverment documents we have at the library.
A statewide catalog of many of Michigan's libraries. It allows you to request books at another library be sent to Kresge Library for you.
- Request books be pulled for pickup - shipping and contactless pick-up available
- Request PDF copies of print articles and book chapters
- Electronic course reserves, available for some classes
- Virtual research help
- Authors' Rights library guide - addresses issues of open access and copyright
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Writing Resources for Students
Find in-depth information about the mechanics of writing, MLA/APA citations, avoiding plagiarism, and more.
The consultants can help you with every stage of the writing process.
- Credo Reference
Provides online access to encyclopedias, almanacs, and other reference tools.
- Sage Knowledge
Collection of encyclopedias, handbooks, dictionaries, and more, covering topics in the social sciences.
- Springer eBook Collection
Multidisciplinary collection of eBooks published by Springer-Verlag since 2005. Especially strong coverage of the physical and biological sciences, computer science, engineering and technology.
- Handbook of research on the education of young children, edited by O.N. Saracho and B. Spodek, 3rd edition. Available online and in print
- Cambridge Encyclopedia of Child Development
- Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
- Key Concepts in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Michigan Department of Education - Instructional Resources
- Michigan Department of Education
- US Department of Education
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan School Data
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Proquest)
- American Educational Research Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement
- The Council for Exceptional Children
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Head Start Association
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Zero to Three
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
Alexander Street Video
Search across our streaming video collections from Alexander Street Press, including VAST, Nursing Education in Video, and World Newsreels Online.
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
Provides access to article citations containing information on measurement instruments (questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests) in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. HaPI assists researchers, practitioners, educators, administrators, and evaluators, including students, to identify measures needed for research studies, grant proposals, client/patient assessment, class papers/projects, theses/dissertations, and program evaluation.
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
You can also search OU Libraries for specific journals by title
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
Werfel, K. L. & Schuele, C. M. (2012). Segmentation and representation of consonant blends in kindergarten children's spellings. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 43(3), 292-307.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Segmentation and representation of consonant blends in kindergarten children's spellings - not the title of the journal (Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools - NOT the title of the article.
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks
Schedule alerts for searches and for when a resource is cited!
Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
Dissertations and Theses
This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world. It includes materials from 1861 to the present day. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses @ OU
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks