Amanda Nichols Hess
- Reading Scholarly Articles e-course
- Research review matrix (what Dr. Hess used for her dissertation!)
Use the catalog to find books, videos, recordings, and goverment documents we have at the library.
A statewide catalog of many of Michigan's libraries. It allows you to request books at another library be sent to Kresge Library for you.
- Request books be pulled for pickup - shipping and contactless pick-up available
- Request PDF copies of print articles and book chapters
- Electronic course reserves, available for some classes
- Virtual research help
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Writing Resources for Students
Find in-depth information about the mechanics of writing, MLA/APA citations, avoiding plagiarism, and more.
The consultants can help you with every stage of the writing process.
- Credo Reference
Provides online access to encyclopedias, almanacs, and other reference tools.
- Sage Knowledge
Collection of encyclopedias, handbooks, dictionaries, and more, covering topics in the social sciences.
- Springer eBook Collection
Multidisciplinary collection of eBooks published by Springer-Verlag since 2005. Especially strong coverage of the physical and biological sciences, computer science, engineering and technology.
Subject Encyclopedias in Print / Online:
- Encyclopedia of Educational Research, REF L 901 .E57 1992
- Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration REF LB 2805 .E527 2006
- Encyclopedia of Counseling - online
- Encyclopedia of African American Education - REF LC 2771 .E63 2010
- Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent - REF LB 2805 .E528 2010
- Encyclopedia of Law and Higher Education - REF KF 4225 .A68 E53 2010
- Link to other online encyclopedias
- ICT in Education: A Critical LIterature Review and its Implications; ICT = information & communication technologies
- Educational Use of Social Annotation Tools in Higher Education: A Literature Review
- Foundations of Mediation Training: A Literature Review of Adult Education and Training Design
- Handbook of Reading Research - in print and online
- Handbook of Research on the Learning Organization - HD 58.82 .H36 2013
- Oxford Handbook of the Development of Play - BF 717 .O94 2011
- Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children - REF LB 1119 .H25 2013 and online
- International Handbook on School Effectiveness and Improvement - online
- Sage encyclopedia of qualitative research methods, Lisa M. Given, editor, LA, Sage, 2008. REF H 61 .S234 2008
- Encyclopedia of case study research, Albert Mills, Elden Wiebe, Gabrielle Durepos, Sage Reference Online, 2009.
- Michigan Online Resources for Educators
- Michigan Department of Education
- US Department of Education
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Educator's Reference Desk
- Chronicle of Higher Education
This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world. It includes materials from 1861 to the present day. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses @ OU
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
A streaming video collection of over 50 videos featuring demonstrations of psychotherapy and counseling sessions, covering a wide range of modalities, populations, and approaches.
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
...not sure what you're looking at when you review a scholarly article? The web resource, Anatomy of a Scholarly Article, from North Carolina State University libraries can help!
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch to determine if the Libraries have access to the item.
For example, to find the article:
Auerbach, S. (2010). Beyond Coffee with the Principal: Toward Leadership for Authentic School-Family Partnerships. Journal of School Leadership 20 (6): 728-757.
The most direct way to search is by Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Beyond coffee with the principal: Toward leadership for authentic school-family partnerships - not the title of the journal (Journal of School Leadership).The results indicate that the University Library has access to this article online!
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks
Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
Provides access to article citations containing information on measurement instruments (questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests) in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. HaPI assists researchers, practitioners, educators, administrators, and evaluators, including students, to identify measures needed for research studies, grant proposals, client/patient assessment, class papers/projects, theses/dissertations, and program evaluation.