Subject Encyclopedias in Print / Online:
- Encyclopedia of Educational Research, REF L 901 .E57 1992
- Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration REF LB 2805 .E527 2006
- Encyclopedia of Counseling - online
- Encyclopedia of African American Education - REF LC 2771 .E63 2010
- Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent - REF LB 2805 .E528 2010
- Encyclopedia of Law and Higher Education - REF KF 4225 .A68 E53 2010
- Link to other online encyclopedias
- ICT in Education: A Critical LIterature Review and its Implications; ICT = information & communication technologies
- Educational Use of Social Annotation Tools in Higher Education: A Literature Review
- Foundations of Mediation Training: A Literature Review of Adult Education and Training Design
- Handbook of Reading Research - in print and online
- Handbook of Research on the Learning Organization - HD 58.82 .H36 2013
- Oxford Handbook of the Development of Play - BF 717 .O94 2011
- Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children - REF LB 1119 .H25 2013 and online
- International Handbook on School Effectiveness and Improvement - online
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses
This database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world. It includes materials from 1861 to the present day. How to export to RefWorks
- Developing Successful Leadership, 2010
- Educational leadership and technology: preparing school administrators for a digital age (2013)
- Never Underestimate your Teachers: Instructional Leadership for Excellence in Every Classroom, 2013
- Transformative Leadership in Education: equitable change in an uncertain and complex world, 2013
- Michigan Online Resources for Educators
- Michigan Department of Education
- US Department of Education
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Educator's Reference Desk
- Chronicle of Higher Education
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
...not sure what you're looking at when you review a scholarly article? The web resource, Anatomy of a Scholarly Article, from North Carolina State University libraries can help!
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
Auerbach, S. (2010). Beyond Coffee with the Principal: Toward Leadership for Authentic School-Family Partnerships. Journal of School Leadership 20 (6): 728-757.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Beyond coffee with the principal: Toward leadership for authentic school-family partnerships - not the title of the journal (Journal of School Leadership).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal of School Leadership - NOT the title of the article.
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks If you are having trouble accessing Google Scholar from our website, you can trying accessing the site directly. See our guide to adding OU Libraries resources to Google Scholar
Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information.
Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
Provides access to article citations containing information on measurement instruments ( questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests) in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. HaPI assists researchers, practitioners, educators, administrators, and evaluators, including students, to identify measures needed for research studies, grant proposals, client/patient assessment, class papers/projects, theses/dissertations, and program evaluation.
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Writing Resources for Students
Find in-depth information about the mechanics of writing, APA citations, avoiding plagiarism, and more.
The consultants can help you with every stage of the writing process.
Need help with APA formatting? Try this neat OWL guide from Purdue