This is the BEST PLACE to look when finding articles about education! ERIC contains over 1,100,000 items from 1966 through the present. How to export to RefWorks
Education: SAGE Full Text
Covers all aspects of education. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
You can also search for specific journals by title here.
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
Alexander Street Video
Search across our streaming video collections from Alexander Street Press, including VAST, Nursing Education in Video, and World Newsreels Online.
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
Auerbach, S. (2010). Beyond coffee with the principal: Toward leadership for authentic school-family partnerships. Journal of School Leadership 20(6), 728-757.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - "Beyond coffee with the principal: Toward leadership for authentic school-family partnerships" - not the title of the journal (Journal of School Leadership).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal of School Leadership - NOT the title of the article.
"Five foundational topics provide an overall grounding for the more than 400 entries that follow. The content of these five chapters includes an overview of the history of cross-cultural school psychology in the United States, a review of cross-cultural competencies, discussion about disparities in school services, consideration of multicultural assessment tools, and future directions in the field of school psychology." (Preface)
Philosophy of Education
The encyclopedia (1996) is designed to show the diversity of topics that contribute to the study of the philosophy of education. The core of the encyclopedia is its coverage of philosophical points of view that have had the greatest influence on educational thinking, from ancient Greece to the present.
Is this journal peer-reviewed or refereed? Ulrich's will tell you!
Mental Measurements Yearbook
Here you'll find descriptions and reviews of current testing instruments. Corresponds to volume 9 to present of print Mental Measurements Yearbook. How to export to RefWorks
Dissertations and Theses @ OU
Full text access to Oakland University dissertations and theses. How to export to RefWorks
- EL 500 Library Orientation Handout
- Please provide feedback on the instruction session here
- To learn how and when to use sources, go to the plagiarism tutorial
- OU interactive and printable campus maps
- Developing Successful Leadership, 2010
- Educational leadership and technology: preparing school administrators for a digital age (2013)
- Never Underestimate your Teachers: Instructional Leadership for Excellence in Every Classroom, 2013
- Transformative Leadership in Education: equitable change in an uncertain and complex world, 2013
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Writing Resources for Students
Find in-depth information about the mechanics of writing, APA citations, avoiding plagiarism, and more.
The consultants can help you with every stage of the writing process.
Need help with APA formatting? Try this neat OWL guide from Purdue