This is the BEST PLACE to look when finding articles about education! ERIC contains over 1,100,000 items from 1966 through the present. How to export to RefWorks
Education: SAGE Full Text
Covers all aspects of education. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Harpell, J.V., Andrews, J. J. W. (2010). Administrative Leadership in the Age of Inclusion: Promoting Best Practices and Teacher Empowerment. Journal of Educational Thought, 44(2), 189-210.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - Administrative leadership in the age of inclusion: Promoting best practices and teacher empowerment - not the title of the journal (Journal of Educational Thought).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal of Educational Thought - NOT the title of the article.
You can check the availability of article full text if you use our link to Google Scholar, which will ask you to log in with your OU NetID. How to export to RefWorks See our guide to adding OU Libraries resources to Google Scholar
Web of Science
Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks.
- Assessment in Game-Based Learning (2012)
- Cognitive Behavioral Interventions in Educational Settings (2012)
- Educational Interventions for Students with Autism (2012)
- Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research (2009)
- Minding the achievement gap one classroom at a time (2012)
OU has a site wide license for The Chronicle of Higher Education
Is this journal peer-reviewed or refereed? Ulrich's will tell you!
Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
A comprehensive guide and bibliography to contemporary testing instruments. Contains descriptive information (test purpose, publisher, pricing, population, and scores) and edited reviews written by leading content area experts. How to export to RefWorks
VAST: Academic Video Online
A multidisciplinary collection of videos that touches on the curriculum needs of virtually every department. Look for specialized collections (Theatre in Video, Opera in Video) under Advanced Search.
- Michigan Online Resources for Educators
- Michigan Department of Education
- US Department of Education
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- Educator's Reference Desk
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.