*Try search terms like "Isokinetic exercise" and use facets on left to narrow by source type - choose "Limit to articles from scholarly publications, including peer-review"
Ebook packages for Health Sciences - range of topics Human Anatomy, PT and more
CINAHL Complete The Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) is a comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences.
SPORTDiscus Topics include physical fitness, exercise, sports medicine, physical education, kinesiology, health education, biomechanics, movement science, injury prevention, physical therapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, exercise physiology, sport psychology, occupational health & therapy, and public health.
Web of Science Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), articles in the Sport Sciences and others.
Research Literature - then try these databases:
Medline via Web of Science The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE, the premier database for biomedical journal citations. MEDLINE dates back to 1946 and includes more than 20 million citations in medicine, nursing, allied health and dentistry.
Scopus Largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed research literature supporting research needs in the scientific, technical, medical and social sciences fields and arts and humanities.
General background and patient information:
Collection of full-text books, multi-media and study aids from McGraw-Hill for physical therapists and other health care providers. Includes "Anatomy and Physiology Revealed."
ClinicalKey Medical and surgical content from Elsevier, including more than 900 books, 500 journals, thousands of videos and millions of images. To access the PDF, please log in or register for a free account with your institutional subscription.
Anatomical images from Netter's "Green Books," Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy and Netter's Concise Radiologic Anatomy.
View entire list of exercise science related databases.
View the list of databases by subject catagory.
Six Things to Consider about any information source.....
1. Authority - Who is the author/developer? What are her/his qualifications? What are the affiliations, if any?
2. Currency - Is the material current, updated regularly?
3. Coverage - Is the information complete? Are there sources given for additional information?
4. Accuracy - How do you know the information contained is correct? Are the facts cited, can they be checked?
5. Objectivity/Bias - Is the information presented objectively? What bias might the authors/creators have?
6. Appropriateness - Is this a good source for academic / scholarly level research?
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Associate Professor / Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE SURVEY
- Books – Authors may be experts or not. Usually well researched but maybe not as up-to-date
- Academic journals (peer-reviewed) Written by scholars for a scholarly audience - cite their sources (facts)
- Popular magazines - Written by staff and freelance (non-experts) writers for a general (non-academic) audience
- Trade magazines - provide information about current trends and practices to practitioners in the field
- Newspapers - Written by staff and freelance (non-expert) writers, provide information about current events, especially from a local perspective
- Web resources– can be created by a variety of sources -commercial, non-profit, education, government, individuals
- Exercise and sport sciences reviews
- International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism
- Journal of exercise science and fitness
- Medicine & science in sports & exercise
- Research quarterly for exercise and sport
See List of Sports sciences Periodicals.
See List of Physical fitness Periodicals.
Learn how to use Refworks tutorials
The Council of Science Editors scientific style of documentation (ONLINE GUIDE) is used in the biological sciences and many other fields of scientific study.
Scientific style and format : the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers / Style Manual Committee, Council of Science Editors. 2006 Location:Reference - 2nd Floor South (Non-Circulating)
Call Number: T 11 .S386 2006