Scholarly articles relevant to specific designers/artists/movements
Design and Applied Arts Index
Art Bibliographies Modern
Oxford Art Online
Creative Commons Search
Several resources from OU Libraries and the open web will allow you to research basic information about your target population.
- DemographicsNow -- Mosaic Household Comparison: Basic information document
- ESRI Tapestry Segmentation Data (geodemography)
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Proquest)
- US Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Consumer Expenditure Survey Table -- Michigan Information
Marketing Information--Journal Articles
Using these databases, you can search for information on how others have marketed to your target audience.
- ABI/Inform Complete -- Recommended by the Business Librarian for marketing information
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- Business Source Elite
- Social Sciences Full Text
Citing Demographics Now
Examples of APA style, courtesy The Bentley Library:
DemographicsNow. (2012). Boston, MA demographic detail summary [Data]. Retrieved June 21, 2012, from DemographicsNow database.
DemographicsNow. (2012). Boston, MA and San Francisco household comparison [Data]. Retrieved May 1, 2012, from DemographicsNow database.
DemographicsNow. (2012). Whole Foods [Company profile]. Retrieved June 17 2012, from DemographicsNow database.
DemographicsNow. (2012). Custom business search, NAICS Code 447 (gasoline stations) in Middlesex County, MA [Data]. Retrieved June 21, 2012, from DemographicsNow database.
Experian Marketing Services. (n.d.). Type G25: Urban edge. Mosaic USA. Retrieved March 26, 2015, from DemographicsNow database.
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.