(Ref. DJK 6 .E53 2000)
The Longman companion to Central and Eastern Europe since 1919
(DJK 38 .W43 2002)
The Palgrave concise historical atlas of Eastern Europe
(G 2081 .S1 H8 2001)
Cambridge Histories Online
Scholarly overviews that contain useful bibliographies
Use the catalog to find books, videos, recordings, and goverment documents we have at the library.
A statewide catalog of many of Michigan's libraries. It allows you to request books at another library be sent to Kresge Library for you.
A catalog of materials owned by libraries worldwide. How to export to RefWorks. Using WorldCat you will be able to fill a request from Illiad, the library's interlibrary loan system.
Selected books on Eastern European history:
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, the history of education, and more. Provides indexing of more than 1700 academic historical journals in over 40 languages since 1955. How to export to RefWorks
JSTOR and Project MUSE contain some of the most important journals in history and Slavic studies.
Central & Eastern European Academic Source
Multidisciplinary and multilingual database that offers full text coverage of scholarly journals published in Eentral and Eastern European countries. Topics include business and economics, medicine, politics, law, library sciences, literature, linguistics, history and sociology. Thanks to MeL.
European Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (EBSEES): a bibliography on European scholarship on Eastern Europe, Russia, and the former Soviet Union. Contains bibliographic records for journal articles, books, book chapters, book reviews, dissertations, and selected government publications.
Europeana: gateway to the collections of the major libraries of Europe
- European History Primary Sources (Index to online repositories of primary sources for the study of European history)
- Americans in the Land of Lenin: Documentary Photographs of Early Soviet Russia, 1919-1930
- Analytic Reports Produced by the Directorate of Intelligence on the Former Soviet Union (declassifed CIA reports, 1951-1991)
- Canada's Siberian Expedition
- Polar Bear Expedition Digital Collections
- Harvard Project on the Soviet Social System Online (transcripts of interviews with early Cold War refugees)
- Images of Russia and Caucasus Region 1929-1933
- Posters of the Russian Civil War, 1918-1922
- Stalinka (visual materials about Stalinism)
- VENONA (translations of Soviet documents of the 1940s)
- Dziennik Zwiazkowy (digitlized Polish American newspaper from Chicago, 1908-1917)
- 1956 digital archive (documents of the 1956 uprising in Hungary)
- Historical Photography by Šechtl & Vosecek (historic photos of the Czech republic)
- Magyar Elektronikus Könyvtár
- National Digital Library Polona (Polish history)
Humanities Librarian for History and Modern Languages
[by phone or virtual meeting]
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.