- Pathophysiology of Heart Disease: A Collaborative Project of Medical Students and Faculty, 6th Edition by Leonard S. Lilly, 2016.
- Atlas of Human Anatomy, 7th Edition by Frank H. Netter, 2019.
- Grant's Dissector, 16th Edition by Alan Detton, 2017.
- Gray's Anatomy for Students, 4th Edition by Richard Drake et al, 2020
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology, 13th Edition by Hall, 2016
- Pocket Companion to Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology, 13th Edition by Hall, 2016
- Junqueira's Basic Histology Text and Atlas, 15th Edition by Anthony Mescher, 2018.
- Marks' Basic Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach, 5th Edition by Michael Lieberman & Allan Marks, 2018.
- Langman's Medical Embryology, 14th edition by Thomas Sadler, 2019.
- Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry, 6th Edition by Richard Harvey & Denise Ferrier (2014)
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition by Kumar et al, 2015.
- Wheater's Functional Histology: A Text and Colour Atlas, 6th Edition by Young, et al, 2014.
Netter's Cardiology, 3rd Edition edited by Marshcall S. Runge, George A. Stouffer, & Cam Patterson, 2019. Provides a concise overview of cardiovascular anatomy, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management in addition to images in the Netter tradition. Downloadable pdfs of each chapter are also available.
Physiology of the Heart, 5th Edition by Arnold M. Katz, 2011. This edition provides a comprehensive overview of the physiological and biophysical basis of cardiac function, including structure, biochemistry, biophysics, and pathophysiology in arrhythmias, ischemia, and heart failure. The interrelationships of basic processes among the cell, cardiac muscle function, and the biophysics of contractile and electrical behavior are particularly emphasized.
Cardiovascular Physiology, 9th Edition by David E Mohrman and Lois Jane Heller, 2018. Targets beginning medical students and seeks to enhance their understanding of the basic princples of the cardiovascular system. Also included are study questions at the end of each chapter!
CLINICAL INFORMATION & GUIDELINES:
Hurst's the Heart, 14th Edition by Valentin Fuster, Richard A. Walsh, & Robert A. Harrington, 2017. Features a comprehensive overview of cardiovascular topics, including clinical advances in cardiology, evidence-based medicine, health outcomes, and health care quality.
Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Cardiology, 5th Edition by Michael M. Crawford, 2017. Provides the essetial knowledge for diagnosing and managing cardiovascular disease and covers the major diseases and their challenges.
The AHA Guidelines and Scientific Statements Handbook edited by Valentin Fuster, 2009. From the American Heart Association, this eBook guides practitioners through the key AHA guidelines, statements, and performance measures.
Rapid Interpretation of EKGs, 6th Edition by Dale Dubin, 2000. This essential text covers the basic principles of interpreting EKGs, including recording, heart rhythm and rate as well as monitoring for conditions such as hypertrophy and infarction and in premature infants.
The following titles are companions to Braunwald's Heart Disease:
- Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 4th Edition by Elliot M. Antman, 2013.
- Clinical Lipidology, 2nd Edition by Christie M. Ballantyne, 2015.
- Hypertension, 3rd Edition by George L. Bakris, 2018.
- Vascular Medicine, 3rd Edition by Mark A. Creager, Joshua A. Beckman, & Joseph Loscalzo, 2020.
- Clinical Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology, 3rd Edition by Ziad F. Issa, John M. Miller & Douglas P. Zipes, 2019.
- Heart Failure, 3rd Edition by Michael G. Felker and Douglas L. Mann, 2020.
- by phone at 248-370-3772
- via email at email@example.com
- stop by the Medical Library Office Monday-Saturday, 8am-5pm
Call us or use our Research Consultation Calendar to request a one-on-one meeting with a medical librarian to discuss in-depth information needs such as a literature search for your Capstone project or other research project.
Problem with a link on this page? Please fill out this form.
American Heart Association features information for patients on heart conditions, nutrition, exercise, cholesterol, and more!
National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute includes informational materials for health professionals, patients, educational campaign information, and more!
Board Vitals: 185 questions availabe in the cardiovasuclar system. To access: Register for a free account using your Oakland email address and follow the email confirmation instructions.
ExamMaster Online: 122 questions available on the cardiovascular system
USMLE Easy: 602 Step 1 Exam-style questions available on the cardiovascular system
eBooks & Websites:
Case Files: Cardiology: includes 30 practice clinical cases and accompanying questions in cardiology topics
Cardiovascular Physiology Concepts Website developed by Richard E. Klabunde (same author as your recommended textbook). Includes quizzes and tutorials, glossary, and summaries of concepts in cardiovascular physiology.
Cardiovascular Pharmacology Concepts A sister-site to Cardiovasuclar Physiology Concepts by Richard E. Klabunde. Includes summaries on clinical disorders and therapeutic classes in addition to tutorials on cardiovascular drugs.
First Aid for the Basic Sciences - Organ Systems,: Chapter 1 reviews the cardiovascular system.
- print reference copies also available in the OUWB Medical Library Quiet Study Room
Kaplan medEssentials for the USMLE Step 1, 4th Edition: Chapter 2 reviews the cardiovascular system.
- Location: 2 reference copies available in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room
- 2 print reference copies also available in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room