Harrison's Hematology and Oncology, 3rd Edition by Dan Longo, 2017.
RECOMMENDED BASIC SCIENCE TEXTBOOKS:
- Essential Cell Biology, 4th Edition by Alberts, 2013. (print only)
- Essentials of Radiology, 3rd Edition by Fred Mettler, 2014.
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology, 13th Edition by Hall, 2016
- Janeway's Immunobiology, 9th Edition by Kenneth Murphy, 2016 (print only)
- Junqueira's Basic Histology, 15th Edition by Anthony Mescher, 2018.
- Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry, 6th Edition by Richard Harvey & Denise Ferrier (2014)
- Medical Microbiology, 8th Edition by Patrick Murray et al, 2016.
- Principles of Pharmacology: The Pathophysiologic Basis of Drug Therapy, 4th Edition by David Golan, 2017.
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition by Vinay Kumar et al, 2015.
- Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine, 8th Edition by Robert Nussbaum (2016)
Color Atlas of Clinical Hematology, 4th Edition by A. Victor Hoffbrand, 2010. (2 print reference copies available in the Quiet Study Room)
Hoffbrand's Essential Haematology, 8th Edition by A. Victor Hoffbrand, 2019 (2 print reference copies available in the Quiet Study Room and 7th edition available electronically).
At least 2 print copies of all required and recommended textbooks are also available in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room (KL 102) for in-library use only.
Board Vitals: 68 questions availabe in the hem/lymph system. To access: Register for a free account using your Oakland email address and follow the email confirmation instructions.
ExamMaster Online: 132 questions available in the hem/lymph system
USMLE Easy: 493 Step 1 Exam-style questions available in the hem/lymph system
eBooks & Websites:
First Aid for the Basic Sciences - Organ Systems: Chapter 4 is dedicated to reviewing Hematology and Oncology concepts.
- 5 print reference copies also available in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room
Kaplan medEssentials for the USMLE Step 1, 4th edition: Chapter 9 reviews the hem & lymph systems.
- Location: 2 reference copies available in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room
- 2 print reference copies also available in the Medical Library Quiet Study Room
- by phone at 248-370-3772
- via email at email@example.com
- in person in the Medical Library Office (7:30am-6:00pm)
Request a one-on-one meeting with a medical librarian to discuss in-depth information needs such as the literature search for your Capstone project.
National Hemophilia Program From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, this program assists people with hemophilia and their families to get the recommended care they need. Includes overviews of bleeding disorders and links to advocacy groups and non-profit organizations.
A large, evidence-based online resource covering thousands of internal medicine, pediatric, OB/GYN, and surgical topics. Designed to answer point-of-care clinical questions.