- Epidemiology, 5th Edition by Leon Gordi. Available in ClinicalKey. Print copies are also availabe at the OUWB Medical Library Study Room (KL102): RA 651 .G58 2009.
- Motivational Interviewing in Health Care: Helping Patients Change Behavior by William R. Miller and Stephen Rollnick, 3rd ed. Print copy is availabe at the OUWB Medical Library Study Room (KL102): RC 533 .M56 2013.
- Nutrition in Public Health: a Handbook for Developing Programs and Services edited by Sari Edelstein, 3rd ed. Print copy is availabe at the OUWB Medical Library Study Room (KL102): RA 601 .N84 2011.
Vaccines--Calling the Shots from PBS/Nova program
Supplemental Resources - eBooks
- Basic and Clinical Biostatistics, 4th Edition by Beth Dawson and Robert G. Trapp. Available in AccessMedicine, this text provides an introduction to medical research, including study designs, statistical methods, research questions, test groups, and reading the medical literature. Also includes chapter review questions and an interactive self-assessment.
- Glossary from JAMAevidence
- Epidemiology & Biostatistics: An Introduction to Clinical Research by Bryan Kestenbaum. Published in 2009, this eBook Includes detailed explanations of study types (case reports, cohort studies, randomized trials, etc) and statistical concepts, including confounding, non-linear regression, and summary measures in statistics.
- Regression Methods in Biostatistics: Linear, Logistic, Survival, and Repeated Measures Models (2012) by Eric Vittinghoff, David V. Glidden, Stephen C. Shiboski and Charles E. McCulloch.
- Springer Epidemiology & Biostatistics eBook Collection. Our collection includes 162 eBooks in epidemiology, including on specific diseases, statistical methods, and research design.
The following resources contain self-assessment questions to help you review for subjects in epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Lange Educational Library from AccessMedicine - Self-assessment questions that help you study for content in various disciplines
How to access: 1) Go to AccessMedicine; 2) Click on Lange Eduational Library under the Self-Assessment tab; 3) Choose any book title, and you will be promted to register for MyAccess account if you haven't done so; and 4) login to MyAccess to access the self-assessment questions.
- EXAM MASTER OnLine - a question bank containing medical subject review questions (registration for a free account required). Intro to Exam Master OnLine (YouTube video); Tutorial
- USMLE Easy - a question bank containing both USMLE style questions and general review questions (registration for a free account required). USMLE Easy Demo
Office: 130 Kresge Library Medical Library Office
Office hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Office hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CDC Vital Signs: Making Health Care Safer Antibiotic Rx in Hospitals from CDC
- Antimicrobial (Drug) Resistance from National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Antibiotics and Resistance: Glossary from Alliance for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics
- Diseases and Organisms in Healthcare Settings from CDC
- Healthcare-associated Infections (HAI) from CDC
- Infectious Diseases Laboratories. An online test directory allows you to identify the right test for your needs
- Probability and Statistics from Khan Academy. The collection includes a list of instructional videos on probability, descriptive statiscs, inferential statistics, and more.
- Statistical Studies from Khan Academy. The collection contains a list of instructional videos on hypothesis testing, types of statistical studies, and more.