- Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: Essentials of Evidence-Based Clinical Practice by Gordon Guyatt, et al., New York: McGraw-Hill Medical, 2015.
- DynaMed Plus:
Tutorial 1: How to Access DynaMed Plus
Tutorial 2: How to Carry out a Search
- Clinical Overviews through Clinical Key
Select "Clinical Overviews" from the drop down menu next to the search bar
- Essential Evidence Plus through STAT!Ref
Select Stat!Ref full-text healthcare library and choose "Essential Evidence Plus"
- Micromedex: resources on drugs, toxicology, reproductive risks, emergency medicine, etc.
- Natural Standard: resources on complementary and alternative medicine including dietary supplements and integrative therapies
- Guidelines through ClinicalKey
Select "Guidelines" from the drop down menu next to the search bar
- US National Guidelines Clearinghouse
Synopses of Syntheses
- ACP Journal Club via Annals of Internal Medicine
- Clinical Answers via the Cochrane Library
- EvidenceAlerts via McMaster Plus in Stat!Ref
- Cochrane Reviews (Systematic Reviews) via the Cochrane Library
- Systematic Reviews in PubMed (search results filtered to Systematic Review or Meta-Analysis under Article Type.)
- Clinical Queries via PubMed
- PubMed: biomedical and life science literature
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) in the Cochrane Library
- Embase: preclinical, medical and pharmacological sciences. Strong in the European literature, EMBase includes 2,000 not currently covered by Medline.
- PsycINFO: psychology and psychiatry literature
- Scopus: a multidisciplinary database
- Web of Science: a multidisciplinary database
- What Are Systematic Reviews?
- The Role of Systematic Reviews in Evidence-Based Healthcare
- Overview of meta-analysis and methods
- How to Interpret and Use a Relative Risk and an Odds Ratio
- How to Interpret a Forest Plot
- Interpreting a forest plot of a meta-analysis
- What Is Heterogeneity?
- Fixed Effects and Random Effects Models
- JAMAevidence Glossary
- JAMAevidence: containing Users' Guides to the Medical Literature, the Rational Clinical Examination, and many other tools and resources
- Learning EBM journal article series from JAMA and CMAJ
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (Oxford University)
- Evidence-Based Medicine Toolbox
- Evidence-Based Medicine Toolkit (University of Alberta)
- OUWB Medical Library Information Mastery Curriculum via e-Space
- ACCESSSS Federated Search: searching high-quality EBM resources simultaneously from every level of the Pyramid of EBM resources (registration required)
- TRIP (Turning Research into Practice): a free search engine fro EBM resources
- SumSearch: simultaneously searching for original studies, systematic reviews, and practice guidelines from PubMed