This web page of resources has been created to support medical students' learning of neuroscience. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions for resources to be included or excluded on the page, please contact Misa Mi. Thank you!
Texbooks for Neuroscience
Note: All books required or recommended for the course have multiple copies available in the OUWB Medical Library Study Room (KL 102). For ebooks available online, please click on the links below to connect to the full content of the ebooks.
- Recommended: Gould, DJ, Brueckner-Collins, JK. High-Yield Neuroanatomy. 5th ed. Wolters Kluwer; 2016. QM 451 .G68 2016
- Recommended: Daroff, R. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Elsevier Sciences Division; 2016. RC 346. N4535 2016
- Required: Katzung, BG. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology. 12th ed. McGraw-Hill Medical; 2012. RM 301.28 .B37 2012
Books from the OUWBSOM Library
- Clinical Neuroanatomy and Neuroscience by Fitzgerald
- Clinical Neuroanatomy by Waxman
- Clinical Neuroanatomy Brain Circuitry and Its Disorders by Donkelaar
- Clinical Neuroanatomy: a Neurobehavioral Approach by Mendoza, et al.
- The Duus' Topical Diagnosis in Neurology Anatomy, Physiology, Signs, Symptoms by Bahr M.
- Fundamental Neuroscience for Basic and Clinical Applications by Haines
- Lippincott's Illustrated Q&A Review of Anatomy and Embryology by Lambert, et al. QM 31 .L36 2011.
- Neuroanatomy through Clinical Cases by Blumenfeld. QM 451 .B63 2010
- Neuroanatomy in Clinical Context: An Atlas of Structures, Sections, System and Syndromes by Haines
- Neurology and Clinical Neuroscience by Schapira
Other Resources from the Web
- The Whole Brain Atlas by Keith A. Johnson, M.D., A. Alex Becker, Ph.D.
- Neuroscience Tutorial from Columbia University
- Neuromuscular Disease Center from Washington University
- Neuranatomy Web Resources from Duke University
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: Disorders A to Z
- Advice to Medical Students Studying Neurology from American Academy of Neurology
Office: 130 Kresge Library
Office hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Office hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Acland's Video Atlas
- e-Anatomy: human anatomy, medical imaging and illustrations
- Netter Reference - including Atlas of Human Anatomy and Concise Radiologic Anatomy, provided by the OUWBSOM Library
- EXAM MASTER OnLine: a question bank from Exam Maser Corporation, containing general knowledge and USMLE-style questions
How to access: Go to EXAM MASTER OnLine, click on "First Time Registration", enter your name and valid OU email address. Your temporary password will be sent to your email address. Please make sure your email is accurage. Use your temporary password to login to the question bank. Your temporary password can be changed under "My Account".
- USMLE Easy: a question bank from the McGraw-Hill Online Testing Service, containing general knowledge and USMLE-style questions
How to access it: Click on USMLE Easy, set up a free account, log on under "Personal Account Login", choose the "Create an Exam" tab to create an exam, select an exam mode, mark "I want to specify Discipline...", choose the disciplines "Anatomy" or "Neuroscience", specify the number of questions in the exam you create, and click the "Start Exam" button.