Archives the full-text of articles from numerous history journals and journals in Middle East studies.
Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, the history of education, and more. Provides indexing of more than 1700 academic historical journals in over 40 languages since 1955. How to export to RefWorks
Includes numerous history journals and journals in Middle East studies.
Selected journals in the history of the Middle East
- Travelers in the Middle East Archive (text, photographs, maps - particularly Egypt)
- e-corpus: digital collections from institutions in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Ottoman Labor History Archive (documents and photographs documenting the history of the Ottoman Empire and modern Middle East)
ARTstor is a nonprofit digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences with a suite of software tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes. To find resources for specific countries, browse by Geography, select the country of your choice.
- Oriental Institute Photographic Archives (Sudan, Egypt, IRan, Iraq)
- Middle East in Early Prints and Photographs
- ArchNet Digital Library
- Abdul Hamid II Collection (Ottoman empire)
- The Middle East Virtual Library (MENALIB): gateway to full-text digital collections of secondary and primary sources
- Electronic Middle East Sourcebook
- The Middle East 1916-2001: a documentary record (Avalon Project)
- Middle East maps (U Texas)
- ECAI Iraq (a portal into existing digital resources about history, cultural sites, archaeological excavations and heritage preservation initiatives)
- The Afghanistan Digital Library (works published in Afghanistan between 1870 and 1930)
- Afghanistan: the Harrison Forman image collection (Afghanistan in the late 1960s)
- American University of Beirut Poster Collection (political posters, 1960s-1980s)
- Arab-Israeli conflict History
- Israel History
- Palestine History
- Zionism History
- Zionism Palestine History.
Primary sources (in addition to those listed above):
Biographical Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa (Ref. - CT 1866 .B56 2008)
The State of the Middle East : An Atlas of Conflict and Resolution (Ref - G 2205 .S6 2006)
Encyclopedia of the modern Middle East & North Africa (Ref - DS 43 .E53 2004)
Atlas of the Middle East (Ref - G 2205 .A853 2003)
You may request materials we don't have and we'll borrow them from another library for you.
Humanities Librarian for History and Modern Languages