Possible subject databases for finding literature:
- ABI/Inform Complete Business press, trade publications, academic journals, and newspapers related to administration and management, hospital adminstration.
- CINAHL Complete comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences.
- EMBase Comprehensive coverage of the preclinical, medical and pharmacological sciences. Strong in the European literature.
- PubMed - The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE the premier database for biomedical journal citations.
- Web of Science Over 12,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals and over 150,000 conference proceedings.
Finding data & statisitics
1. Government Health sites:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - National Center for Health Statistics
- HealthData.gov -a federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- World Health Organization
- APHA - American Public Health Association A non-profit member organization dedicate to promoting public health policy.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) - Department of Health and Human Services.
- Public Health Institute - PHI generates and promotes research, leadership and partnerships to build capacity for strong public health policy, programs, systems and practices.
- The Health Policy Group of the The Council of State Governments - provides policy analysis and innovative programming for state health policy leaders.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S it develops and runs its own research, journalism and communications programs.
Associate Professor, Nursing Librarian
Research consultation appointments are virtual in Google Meet.
Julia Rodriguez is currently the Health Sciences and Scholarly Communications Librarian. From 2008 to 2020, her professional focus also included serving as the nursing librarian and this content is the result of that work.
Evidence-Based Practice Quick Reference Guide (Alaska Medical Library)
Evidence-Based Practice in the Health Sciences: EBP Nursing Tutorial (UIC
Analyzing Sources & Literature Review tutorials:
Essential Elements of a Literature Review guide (UC Santa Cuz)
Conducting Literature Reviews - detailed guide (USC)
Critically Analyzing Information Sources (Cornell Libraries)
Citation Style Guides: