*Try search terms like "nursing theory" or search for the theorist such as "Betty Neuman" AND nurse
*Use facets on left to narrow by source type - choose " Limit to articles from scholarly publications, including peer-review"
Suggested nursing databases with evidence-based literature:
CINAHL Complete is a comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences. How to Export to Refworks
Medline via Web of Science
You can also MEDLINE using the Web of Science database which some people find easier.
View entire list of Nursing related databases
- Grizzly ID and PIN
- NetID and Email
2. Get a SpiritCard, which will also serve as your library card.
**If you can't come to campus to get a card from the Spirit card office the library circulation staff can help you set up a library account over the phone. Call them at (248)370-4425 and tell them you are a distance education student who needs to activate your library account.
3. Sign into your Oakland email account.
This account will be used for all official communication from the unviersity including the library.
4. Activate your interlibrary loan account in ILLiad.
*Be sure to register as a Distance Education student for additional services. See our ILL Policies for more details. Using this account you can request items you wish to borrow either from Kresge or from other libraries.
Associate Professor / Nursing, Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- Problem formulation - which topic or field is being examined and what are the component issues?
- Literature search - finding materials relevant to the subject explored
- Data evaluation - determining which literature makes a significant contribution to the understanding of the topic
- Analysis and interpretations - discussing the findings and conclusions of pertinent literature
Citation Style Guides: