START by exploring Library OneSearch (includes books, ebooks, academic journals, newspapers)
*Try search terms like adhd, children, "drug treatment" and use facets on left to narrow by source type - choose " Limit to articles from scholarly publications, including peer-review"
Relevent ebook collections:
Law, Politics & Government
Health & Biological Sciences
For research databases try suggested databases from OneSearch or BROWSE SUBJECT LIST of DATABASES.
- CINAHL Plus with Full-Text -comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences
- ERIC -resources in education including journal articles from research/scholarly and practitioner literature
- - provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, includes multimedia
- Nursing Resource Center Brings together disease and drug overviews, care plans, relevant journal results and animated anatomy and physiology diagrams and core encyclopedia texts.
- PubMed (MEDLINE) - The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE the premier database for biomedical journal citations
- PsycINFO - literature in psychology and related disciplines such as psychiatry, education, business, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, law, linguistics, and social work.
- Social Sciences Full Text
Includes full-text articles from over 300 journals, covering concepts, theories and methods from both applied and theoretical aspects of the social sciences: 1983 - present. How to export to RefWorks
- Social Work Abstracts
Indexes more than 450 social work and human services journals. Coverage: 1965 to present. How to export to RefWorks
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - National Center for Health Statistics
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Populations
- Medline Plus produced by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
- Healthy People 2020 - Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- World Health Organization
- Forensic nursing: a handbook for practice - 3rd floor RA 1155 .F63 2013,
- Forensic nursing - 3rd floor RA 1155 .P97 2006
- Atlas of Sexual Violence - 3rd floor RC 560 .S44 A85 2013
- Family violence and nursing practice - 3rd floor RT 120 .H86 2004, Book
Citation Style Guides:
Evidence-Based Practice Quick Reference Guide (Alaska Medical Library)
Evidence-Based Practice in the Health Sciences: EBP Nursing Tutorial (UIC
Analyzing Sources & Literature Review tutorials:
Essential Elements of a Literature Review guide (UC Santa Cuz)
Conducting Literature Reviews - detailed guide (USC)
Critically Analyzing Information Sources (Cornell Libraries)