START by exploring Library OneSearch (includes books, ebooks, academic journals, newspapers)
*Try search terms like adhd, children, "drug treatment" and use facets on left to narrow by source type - choose " Limit to articles from scholarly publications, including peer-review"
Relevent ebook collections:
Law, Politics & Government
Health & Biological Sciences
For research databases try suggested databases from OneSearch or BROWSE SUBJECT LIST of DATABASES.
- CINAHL Complete -comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences
- ERIC -resources in education including journal articles from research/scholarly and practitioner literature
- - provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, includes multimedia
- PubMed (MEDLINE) - The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE the premier database for biomedical journal citations
- PsycINFO - literature in psychology and related disciplines such as psychiatry, education, business, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, law, linguistics, and social work.
- Social Work Abstracts
Indexes more than 450 social work and human services journals. Coverage: 1965 to present. How to export to RefWorks
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - National Center for Health Statistics
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Populations
- Medline Plus produced by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
- Healthy People 2020 - Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- World Health Organization
- Forensic nursing: a handbook for practice - 3rd floor RA 1155 .F63 2013,
- Forensic nursing - 3rd floor RA 1155 .P97 2006
- Atlas of Sexual Violence - 3rd floor RC 560 .S44 A85 2013
- Family violence and nursing practice - 3rd floor RT 120 .H86 2004, Book
Associate Professor, Nursing Librarian
Research consultation appointments are virtual in Google Meet.
Julia Rodriguez is currently the Health Sciences and Scholarly Communications Librarian. From 2008 to 2020, her professional focus also included serving as the nursing librarian and this content is the result of that work.
Citation Style Guides:
Evidence-Based Practice Quick Reference Guide (Alaska Medical Library)
Evidence-Based Practice in the Health Sciences: EBP Nursing Tutorial (UIC
Analyzing Sources & Literature Review tutorials:
Essential Elements of a Literature Review guide (UC Santa Cuz)
Conducting Literature Reviews - detailed guide (USC)
Critically Analyzing Information Sources (Cornell Libraries)