Associate Professor / Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
The material types that can be deposited in OUR@Oakland include, but are not limited to:
- Published articles and pre-prints
- Working papers and technical reports
- Digital art
- Dissertations and theses
- Conference papers
- Journals published by OU campus
- Organizational annual reports and newsletters
- Data sets
- Audio and visual materials
- Community: A community in OUR@Oakland refers to any Oakland University department, academic unit or group under which unique collections are organized.
- Collection: A collection in OUR@Oakland refers to a group of items related to a specific community.
- Acrobat PDF/A
- Comma-Separated Values
- Open Office Formats
- Plain Text (US-ASCII, UTF-8)
- Text, XML
- Acrobat PDF
- Rich Text HTML
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEPG3 / 4 audio
- Windows Media Audio
**For a published article please check SHERPA/RoMEO database for publisher posting permissions, or the publisher's website.**
If you are ready to deposit into an established collection and understand the copyright restrictions related to your publication, or your article was pulished as an open access item, follow these steps
(View PDF with images of steps):
- Step 1: Choose OUR@OAKLAND from Quick Links on library homepage.
- Step 2: Log-in to system using OU Net-ID username and password.
- Step 3: Start a new submission.
- Step 4: Select collection to which you want to add your submission.
- Step 5: Review the item submission question regarding title and previous publication.
- Step 6: Enter all relevant item information.
- Step 7: An abstract is required.
- Step 8: Note any embargo required by publisher/journal before the item is made publically viewable.
- Step 9: Add as many keywords as needed to help facilitate discovery. A good rule of thumb is five. Click the ADD button for each additional word.
- Step 10: Choose a file to upload. Check list for accepted files.
- Step 11: Review Submission details, make any necessary changes.
- Step 12: Read the Distribution License - this is NOT a transfer of copyright.
- Step 13: Accept the Distribution License.
- Step 14: Submission is complete. All submission are reviewed before is it publically accessible.