This resource "offers cover-to-cover (“core”) indexing and abstracts for more than 550 journals, and selected (“priority”) coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of 737 titles. Furthermore, this database includes full text for over 440 journals."
The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE, the premier database for biomedical journal citations. MEDLINE dates back to 1946 and includes more than 20 million citations in medicine, nursing, allied health and dentistry.
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
2. Need newspaper articles? Try Library OneSearch, enter search terms, browse results, then scroll to the bottom and click "Newspapers search."
3. Use Medline Plus to find health information for consumers.
MedlinePlus is produced by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. It offers reliable, up-to-date health information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in plain language. An excellent source for patient information.
- Moyer-Guise, E, Robinson, M. J., Mcknight, J. (2018). The role of humor in messaging about the MMR vaccine. Journal of Health Communication, 23(6), 514-522.
If we don't have your article electronically or in-print, you can order the article through InterLibrary Loan using ILLiad. It's a free service but a few days for the article to be available.
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
Chat with a librarian: M-T 9am-7pm; Fri 9am-5pm
In-Person Reference Assistance: Initiate a conversation with a librarian at the research kiosk or go to the Service Desk and ask to speak with a librarian: M-T 9am-7pm; Fri 9am-5pm.
Research Consultation - make an appointment for an individual session with a librarian for research assistance.
Email - send your question via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 248.370.4426
Contact me at email@example.com.
- The New York Times Science Section - leading US newspaper
- BBC News Science Section - UK news source
- EurekAlert! - created by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Nature News - science news articles from Nature Publishing Group
- New Scientist - UK science & technology magazine
- Smithsonian magazine Science Section - publication by the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C.
- National Public Radio Science Section