Legal Periodicals & Books, Index to International legal information covering all areas of jurisprudence; covers legal journals, yearbooks, institutes, bar association organs, law reviews, and government publications from in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. 1981 to present.
Political Science: SAGE Full Text Full-text of 29 journals covering general political science topics, American government and politics, political sociology, comparative politics, policy studies, political communication, peace / conflict studies, presidential studies, political theory and philosophy, international relations, and area studies. How to export to RefWorks
JSTOR Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Project Muse provides full-text access to the content from over 400 scholarly journals in the humanities and the social sciences. How to export to RefWorks
Science Direct Full-text journals published by Elsevier; coverage is generally from 1995-present. How to export to RefWorks
Social Science Abstracts Includes full-text articles from over 300 journals, covering concepts, theories and methods from both applied and theoretical aspects of the social sciences: 1983 - present.
Web of Science/Science Citation Index Web of Science provides access to Science Citation Index (SCI), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI). These indexes contain references that have been cited in other articles. You can use these citations to perform cited reference searches (locate articles that cite an earlier publication). How to export to RefWorks
An online collection of almost 2,800 titles in art, history, literary criticism, philosophy, political science, area studies and more.
Contains more than 500 full-text reference titles (encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, etc.) covering most subject areas.
EBSCO eBooks Collection
One of Kresge Library's primary platforms for eBooks. Contains thousands of titles covering most subjects.
EBL (eBook Library)
One of Kresge Library's platforms for eBooks. Includes books from a variety of publishers in many disciplines.
Another of Kresge Library's primary platforms for eBooks. Includes books from a variety of publishers in many disciplines.
World News Connection (WNC) An online news service, that offers an extensive array of translated and English-language news and information. Compiled from thousands of non-U.S. media sources, the information in WNC covers significant socioeconomic, political, scientific, technical, and environmental issues and events worldwide.
New York Times Historical Offers full-text, full-image articles from 1851 – 2009 of The New York Times. The database can be used to search national and international news, editorials, obituaries, birth and marriage announcements, plus historical photos and advertisements. The documents are downloadable in PDF format. How to export to RefWorks
- American Factfinder Information from the 2010 Census of Population, the annual American Community Survey, and other useful economic and geographic data.
- United States Census Bureau
- Historical Census Data Browser U.S. census data from 1790 to 1960; data goes down to county level in most cases.
- U.S. Census Bureau's Mapping And Cartographic Resources
- Census & Statistical Data for Michigan
- Census 2000 School District Profiles
- Michigan Uniform Crime Reports Offenses and arrests by individual crime, with some data down to county level.
- Michigan State & County Quick Facts From the United States Census Bureau, here's lots of people, business and geographic information.
Other Statistical Data Sources:
- Statistical Abstract of the United States The national data book of sociological and economic statistics, this site offers access to the 2012 edition as well as older issues back to 1878.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Faststats from the National Center for Health Statistics
- Education Statistics
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FBI Crime Statistics
ICPSR Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is the world's largest collection of digital social science data. These data can be used for secondary research, instructional activities, and to write articles, papers or theses.