Example: breast cancer > Use: Breast Neoplasms (MM "Breast Neoplasms")
SportsDiscus has the Thesaurus tool. DE "BREAST -- Cancer"
Medline - PubMed - Mesh Headings (Medical Subject Headings)
CINAHL Complete is a comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences. Coverage: 1981-present How to Export to Refworks
EMBase Preclinical, medical and pharmacological sciences. Strong in the European literature, conference proceedings.
SPORTDiscus Topics include physical fitness, exercise, sports medicine, kinesiology, biomechanics, movement science, physical therapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, exercise physiology, sport psychology. How to export to RefWorks
Medline via Web of Science
PubMed (MEDLINE) The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE, the premier database for biomedical journal citations. How to export to RefWorks
Cochrane Library A collection of databases that contain evidence for healthcare decision-making. Includes systematic review abstracts, technology assessments, economic evaluations and individual clinical trials. How to export to Refworks.
The Physiotherapy Evidence Database provides information on "randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews and evidence-based clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy."
A free clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice. Simultaneously searches several evidence-based sources of systematic reviews, practice guidelines, and critically-appraised topics and articles. Also searches MEDLINE's Clinical Queries, medical image databases, e-textbooks, and patient information leaflets.
Associate Professor / Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- Researching with CINAHL tutorial
- Essential elements of a Literature Review guide (UC Santa Cuz)
- Evidence-Based Medicine Research tutorial Excellent tutorial teaching the concepts of Evidence-Based medicine developed by Duke University Medical Center Library and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Health Science Library.
- PICO Method - Using evidence-based approach to literature review searching (U of Warwick Library)
- Introduction to research designs tutorial (CEBM)
- Full-text links in Google Scholar