Comprehensive coverage of the preclinical, medical and pharmacological sciences. Strong in the European literature, EMBase includes 2,000 not currently covered by Medline.
SPORTDiscus Topics include physical fitness, exercise, sports medicine, kinesiology, biomechanics, movement science, physical therapy, rehabilitation, nutrition, exercise physiology, sport psychology.
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed research literature with more than 20,500 titles from more than 5,000 international publishers. Scopus offers researchers a quick, easy and comprehensive resource to support their research needs in the scientific, technical, medical and social sciences fields and arts and humanities. It also contains tools that track, analyze and visualize scholarly work.
The Physiotherapy Evidence Database provides information on "randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews and evidence-based clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy."
PubMed (MEDLINE) The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE, the premier database for biomedical journal citations. How to export to RefWorks
**View list of all Physical Therapy databases or database list by subject.
- APTA site The website for the American Physical Therapy Association which provides members online access to it's journal and news magazines.
- Pubmed Health Reviews of clinical effectiveness research, with easy-to-read summaries for consumers as well as full technical reports.
- TRIP Database is a clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) UK based- provides national guidance and advice to improve health and social care.
Associate Professor / Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- CINAHL Searching videos
- PUBMED (Medline)> Finding EBP literature
- Additional EBP tools from NLM
- Overview of Cochrane Library
Evidence-Based Practice Quick Reference Guide (Alaska Medical Library)
Evidence-Based Practice in the Health Sciences: EBP Nursing Tutorial (UIC)
Critically Analyzing Information Sources (Cornell Libraries)
Using Refworks to Manage Citations