1. Rehabilitation in cancer care
2. Harrison’s Manual of Oncology
3. Cancer care for the whole patient: meeting psychosocial health needs
Textbooks and related ebooks:
Collection of full-text books, multi-media and study aids from McGraw-Hill for physical therapists and other health care providers. Includes "Anatomy and Physiology Revealed."
AccessMedicine HemOnc Collection
Collection of continuously updated electronic books in hematology and oncology, including Williams Hematology and The Basic Science of Oncology. Also includes images, calculators, and self-assessment study tools.
Medical and surgical content from Elsevier, including more than 900 books, 500 journals, thousands of videos and millions of images. To download book chapter PDFs, please log in or register for a free account.
CINAHL Complete The Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) is a comprehensive and highly-authoritative database for research in nursing and health sciences
LWW Health Library - Oncology
Collection of more than 20 important ebooks on oncology topics. Includes the highly regarded, Devita's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, now in its 10th edition.
Health and Society
Documentaries focused on health issues and their impact on individuals and communities. Broad-ranging topical coverage includes pediatric AIDS, breast cancer, Obamacare, addiction, hospice care, Alzheimer's disease, organ donation, malnutrition, health care access, and more.
The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal articles.
PubMed (MEDLINE) The National Library of Medicine's free interface for MEDLINE, the premier database for biomedical journal citations. MEDLINE dates back to 1946 and includes more than 20 million citations in medicine, nursing, allied health.
Science Direct Full-text journals on a wide range of science topics published by Elsevier; coverage is generally from 1995-present.
Associate Professor / Nursing, Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- American Urological Association Foundation http://www.urologyhealth.org
- Global Prostate Cancer Alliance www.prostatecanceralliance.org
- Malecare, Inc. www.malecare.com
- National Prostate Cancer Coalition www.zerocancer.org
- Prostate Cancer Education Council www.prostateconditions.org
- Prostate Cancer Foundation www.pcf.org
- Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates www.suna.org/
- The Prostate Net prostate www.theprostatenet.org
- Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education & Support Network www.ustoo.org
American Joint Committee on Cancer
APTA Oncology Section > Rehabilitation Oncology (APTA members)
National Cancer Institute> www.cancer.gov -Excellent source for reference, statistics and research
National Comprehensive Cancer Network> www.nccn.org - resource for guidelines
Kidney Cancer Association > Kidney Cancer Journal
Gastric Cancer Foundation > News/Research links to related current research publications