- Request books be pulled for pickup - shipping and contactless pick-up available
- Request PDF copies of print articles and book chapters
- Electronic course reserves, available for some classes
- Virtual research help
Refworks allows you to create a personal database of references and automatically generate formatted bibliographies for your projects.
This is an is an authoritative, accessible and up-to-date account of all aspects of child development. Written by an international team of experts, it adopts an interdisciplinary approach and covers everything from prenatal development to education, pediatrics, neuroscience, theories and research methods to physical development, social development, cognitive development, psychopathology and parenting (2005).
The third edition (2007) of the highly acclaimed Encyclopedia of Special Education offers a thoroughly revised, comprehensive A to Z compilation of authoritative information on the education of those with special needs.
This is an essential reference on research in early childhood education not only in the United States but throughout the world. It provides a comprehensive overview of important contemporary issues and the information necessary to make judgments about these issues (2012).
Edited by J. J. Chambliss, Garland Pub, 1996. Routledge, 2009. Find a vast array of articles here including Aesthetics and Saint Augustine to Charles Darwin and Cognitive Development.
- Association for Positive Behavior Support
- Association of Professional Behavior Analysts
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Council for Learning Disabilities
- National Association of Special Education Teachers
- Oakland Schools Department of Special Education
- Michigan Department of Education, Special Education & Early Intervention Services
- US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services
Includes education and related topics - journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. How to export to RefWorks
Need articles in psychology or counseling? Use PsycINFO! It's a great resource and is published by the American Psychological Association. How to export to RefWorks
Full text of core scholarly journals from their beginning to approximately one year ago. Disciplines include botany, business, ecology, general science, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and statistics. Browsable by discipline and full-text searchable across all disciplines. Especially good for historic or classic articles in most fields. Coverage: 1665 to present. How to export to RefWorks
Use Google Scholar to find resources that have cited a specific article
To locate and retrieve articles or books that are cited in a bibliography or Works Cited page, use Library OneSearch or the Library Catalog to determine if Kresge Library has access to the item. For example, to find the article:
Jerome, A., & Barbetta, P. M. (2005). The Effect of Active Student Responding During Computer-Assisted Instruction on Social Studies Learning by Students with Learning Disabilities. Journal Of Special Education Technology, 20(3), 13-23.
The most direct ways to search are by:
- Title in Library OneSearch. Use the article title - The Effect of Active Student Responding During Computer-Assisted Instruction on Social Studies Learning by Students with Learning Disabilities - not the title of the journal (Journal Of Special Education Technology).
- Journal Title in the Library Catalog. Use the title of the journal - Journal Of Special Education Technology - NOT the title of the article.