START by exploring Library OneSearch (includes books, ebooks, academic journals, newspapers)
Search for articles, books, and more...
To search subject specific literature use suggested databases from OneSearch
Possible database choices:
- CINAHL Plus with Full-Text - Nursing and Health sciences
- Criminology: SAGE Full Text - Criminal Justice, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Justice, Corrections, Penology, Policing, Forensic Psychology, and Family and Domestic Violence.
- Health Reference Center Academic - Nursing and Allied Health Journals, includes multimedia
- JSTOR - Law, Health Policy, Social Science journals
- PsycINFO - Psychology, Psychiatry, Education, Business, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacology, Law, Linguistics, and Social Work.
To get the full-text of an article you found on the web or elsewhere paste the citation information into
Google Scholar and follow the Get-it buttons.
Or use the library's citation linker tool.
1. Authority - Who is the author/developer? What are her/his qualifications? What are the affiliations, if any?
2. Currency - Is the material current, updated regularly?
3. Relevancy - How relevant is the information to your topic?
4. Accuracy - How do you know the information contained is correct? Are the facts cited, can they be checked?
5. Objectivity/Bias - Is the information presented objectively? What bias might the authors/creators have?
6. Appropriateness - Is this a good source for academic / scholarly level research?
Encyclopedia of Gender and Society - focuses on significant gender scholarship within commonly recognized areas of social research
Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity and Society -Almost 600 entries on issues related to race and ethnicity around the world.
Encyclopedia of Social Problems -More than 600 entries covering such topics as aging, crime, education, family, gender, sexual orientation, health, urbanization, race and ethnicity, social movements and substance abuse.
Evans, L. (2004). Traffic safety. Science serving society, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Location: 3rd Floor · Call Number: HE 5614.2 .E958 2004 Check availability.
McClure, R, Stevenson, M, and McEvoy, S. (2004). The scientific basis of injury prevention and control. IP Communications, Australia. Location: 3rd Floor · Call Number: HV 675 .S35 2004 Check availability.
Miller, Dean F. (1995): Safety: Principles and Issues. McGraw-Hill. Location:3rd Floor · Call Number: HV 675 .M49 1995 Check availability.
Mohan, D and Tiwari, G (2000). Injury prevention and control. Taylor and Francis. Location: 3rd Floor · Call Number: HV 675 .I54 2000 Check availability.
Associate Professor / Nursing, Health Sciences & Scholarly Communications Librarian
If none of the time slots work for you or if there are none available, email me directly and suggest a date & time and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- Disaster Preparedness Ready Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute
- HealthyPeople 2020
- Injury Prevention Web
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
- National Safety Council
- National Highway Traffic Safety Association
- World Health Organization Department of Injury and Violence Prevention