Students will learn the importance of using an effective search strategy. At the end of the IL modules, students will be able to . . .
- apply effective keyword search skills to find results in an online database.
- identify at least two methods for finding resources related to a specific database record.
- demonstrate at least two strategies for broadening or narrowing a research topic based on search results.
Students will gain an understanding of the value of resource evaluation. At the end of the IL modules, students will be able to . . .
- identify the main uses of, and reasons to use, at least two types of information sources that are available via the library.
- evaluate any source—print or digital—for authority, currency, relevancy, accuracy, objectivity, and appropriateness to their level of research.
- read and interpret a database record to determine an item's publication date, publication type, and general topic.
- evaluate database search results for relevancy to their research topics.