National Security Archive Click on documents at the top.
Documents from the old emergency broadcast system. This is an important source for American culture during the Cold War.
Foreign Relations of the United States
"The Foreign Relations of the United States series presents the official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions and significant diplomatic activity. The series, which is produced by the State Department's Office of the Historian, began in 1861 and now comprises more than 350 individual volumes. The volumes published over the last two decades increasingly contain declassified records from all the foreign affairs agencies."
Documentary supplement to the article "Did NATO Win the Cold War? Looking over the Wall." Contains 18 documents from Soviet and American archives.
At Cold War's End. This is a book from the CIA. It covers the end of the Cold War.
Central Intelligence Agency. Electronic Reading Room.
You can search by 25 top documents or order new documents.
Avalon Project at Yale Law School.The Cuban Missile Crisis
Cold War International History Project - Covers:
- The Warsaw Pact
- The 1953 East German Uprising
- The Korean War
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
- The End of the Cold War
- The 1980-81 Polish Crisis
- The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan
Cold War Bibliography - Covers:
- Recent Books on the Cold War
- Concise annotated bibliography
- Institutions of the Cold War
- Economic Impact of the Cold War
- Comparative and International Aspects of the Cold War
- The Cold War and American Culture
- The Production of Knowledge During the Cold War
- The Evolution of Science Policy and Research Funding
- Miscellaneous subjects
- Annotated Filmography
Cold War Project - Covers:
Cold War (from the BBC) - Covers the Korean War, Cuban Missile crisis, JFK, end of the USSR and more
Cold War Through Desert Storm - There must be over 200 links arranged in no particular order. Includes timelines, maps, songs, submarines people and events. Includes entire books that are now out of print.