- BBC Country Profiles
- CIA World Factbook
- Constitution Finder - Univ of Richmond
- Countries & Their Cultures: print and online
- Country Studies - Library of Congress
- Country Information Guide (Kresge)
- International Monetary Fund
- OECD - Country Pages
- Population Reference Bureau
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets (formerly called Background Notes/Country Fact Sheets)
- U.S. State Department, Senior Officials, Chiefs of Mission
- EDGAR - SEC database
- Fortune 500
- Mergent Online
Financial data on US and international publicly traded firms; includes annual reports, SEC filings, news, and other information. Limited to 7 users at a time. Log off after using!
- Business Insights: Global
Access to company and industry profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, and periodicals. Thanks to MeL Access ended 9/30/2018.
Limit 1 user. Please log off when done.
- Thomas Register
Statistics & Economic Data
- American FactFinder
- Census of the United States
- Data.gov (U.S. Government's open data)
- FRASER - Economic Indicators, Budget of the United States, and more
- FRED - Federal Reserve Economic Data
- Kids Count - a wealth of stats on children
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Proquest)
The Statistical Abstract of the United States Online is the standard summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States – including vital and health statistics. It is also designed to serve as a guide to other statistical publications and sources, both in print and on the Web. Visit the Statistical Abstract Guide for more information on using this resource.
- USA.gov - Data and Statistics
- Vital Statistics on Congress