Locating Dissertations and Theses
To search for theses and dissertations, use the following resources:
For Oakland University theses and dissertations, use the advanced search in Library OneSearch. Search "Oakland University" (include the quotation marks) and limit the "Material Type" to "Dissertations".
Searching in the library catalog will help you find both print
copies of dissertations.
You can also try the Dissertations and Theses at OU
database to locate only electronic
copies of OU students' dissertations.
For dissertations outside of Oakland University, use the Dissertations and Theses database, which provides full-text dissertations online.
If you can't locate the text of a dissertation, try these steps:
- Ask the liaison librarian for the discipine for help.
- Request a copy of non-OU dissertations through Interlibrary Loan.
- Search the internet for the dissertation title -- some dissertations are placed in their university's online repository and are available online to the public.
- Contact the author of the dissertation -- many may be willing to share their work with you.
- Order a print or electronic copy of the dissertation through Dissertation Express (approximate cost: $37 to $75).
Search Tutorials | Find more about dissertations / theses /